Monday, June 6, 2011

May 23, 2011

So how was your week?
This  week went really well. I mean we had a baptism and baptism's just make the mission. I love them. They are prob the best days of my life. To see some one that you taught and watch the changes in their lives it is just to good. And Julian is going to serve a mission when he turns 19. It's great. I love it.
So we also got a new investigator and he is awesome. His name is Jessy Riley. He played AFL and  he is so much fun to talk to. I really hope his family will get baptized. We are teaching him today. So I'm pumped for that.
Our zone is doing great and we're breaking records back to back. We just broke the record for most baptisms in a single month and 8 of those our Carrol's and I. I love it. We are almost baptizing weekly.
But this week went really good. We got a nerf hoop for our apt and we play every night and we have bets on food challenges haha, Like last night I had to eat to burritos blended up. It was pretty gross. Our apt is way fun now. Living with just you and your companion gets really boring, but I must say we did get a lot more work done when is was just us. But staying with other missionaries helps me not get stressed or home sick cause we are always doing something.
Anyways this past week it was pretty cold and there was a ton of wind. I hate riding my bike in the wind. But this up coming week it is going to get really hottttttttt. And yes we have to ride our bikes in the heat all summer long. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. I love it!!!
How's your health?
My health is doing great. I'm finally starting to gain some  more weight. I was at a steady 165 and now I think I'm getting up to 170. I would say I'm eating a little healthier food thanks to the smoothies.
Your investigators? Any new ones?
Our Investigators are doing great. I love each and everyone of them. We just started teaching Georges Baldonado's wife and she has a lot of questions and she is going to be a little harder then we thought, but I'm sure the spirit will touch her heart and she will be baptized by George our convert. He is awesome.
Sam and Hope are doing great. They keep bailing out on us and I think they are doing this because our next lesson were going to talk about there path to baptism and what they must do. So there going to have ti get of the cigs. I know that they have the faith to quit though.  We have a lesson with them today so hopefully everything will go good and we will have a date for them to be baptized on. So that is exciting.
JULIAN'S the man. His baptism was so spiritual. His Mom got up and bore her testimony after and said "this is he best day of my life. I cant think of a more special moment". And she was baptized a year before that. Then Julian bore his testimony on how excited he is. It was just a great day. I love that man. His Mom also came up to us after and sad that she was trying to get Julian to come to church and she was praying for help. And then we show up. I love the power of Prayer and I know I have an even stronger testimony of it now. Julian can now get the priesthood into that home cause its just him, his sister and Sister Jenkins. They are an awesome family. We got to be the witnesses of the baptism and watching Julian come out of the water with a huge smile just made all the hard times worth it.
Johnathon He is just solid and his going to be baptized this weekend. I'll tell you more about it next week.
Lopez Family well they are a family of 8 and we will prob commit them to be baptized this week. So that is going to be nuts. They have been coming to church for the past 3 weeks and they are awesome. Its just none of the them know how to read. So they make the lessons really interesting.
 
How are your members doing that you baptized?
The Yazzie family is doing great. They continue to come to church and they love it there. We taught them about the temple yesterday and were going to try to get them to do baptism for the dead.
George is doing great and still strong in the church.
Brittany  is awesome.
  
I love you and thank you for everything.

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment