Monday, June 6, 2011

May 16,2011

So how was your week?
Well this week just flew by. It was crazy. I seriously feel like it was just Pday. Well it got pretty hot this past week and my tan lines are getting worst and worst every day. But that's all good. It's suppose to be cooling down this week. So it will be in the 80's I can't wait. But I love the heat cause it's like the foreign aspect of my mission. One of the hottest in the world.
Well this week I was 
praying for a miracle to happen. And it did! We got a referral from the MTC (media) and we went to visit the guy right away cause I had a feeling we should so Brother Crouse picked us up and we went over to the house. David Tafoya is his name. We taught him the first lesson and it turns out he was baptized but his records are lost. Salt lake can't find them. So we invited him to be baptized and his date is for this week but we might have to move it cause he could make it to church yesterday. Because he didn't have any nice cloths. I would have given mine to him, but he's a little bigger then me. So we have taught him all the lessons almost in one week and that was really fun cause he knows so much already and his goal is to get married in the temple, so we are pumped for him.
This week I truly felt the meaning of loving your Investigators. Yesterday I felt like we should go to Sam and Hopes cause they didn't make it to church. So we got there and they told us they couldn't make it cause they we were stuck at Sam's parents home. They don't have a car. So we just read a chapter out of the BOM with them. Alma 7 one of my favorite chapters ever. It talks about baptism and eternal life, I love it. Anyways I told them why I'm at their home and it is cause I love them and I want to see them live a better life and stand up straight. I was kinda bold and then I started thanking them for all they taught me and how to be a stronger person, cause that one time they kicked us out just tore me apart and I've grown from that. I started crying and then Hope started to cry. I love them so much, but there's only so much we can do as missionaries. Were just the guider and helper. So I really hope that they will start making the right choices and get on the straight and narrow. This week was pretty awesome though.
Investigators?
Our Investigators are doing really well. The family of 8 that we are teaching doesn't know how to read and speaks Spanish better then English, but they said they don't know how to read Spanish either. So we asked them if they wanted to go to the Spanish ward and they said no. So were teaching people that don't know how to read and have a hard time understanding. I love it!!!. It makes teaching so much more fun when they don't know a thing. But it is so hard. We had to change our whole teaching pattern, but it's okay.
Johnathon is still solid and now he is getting baptized in a POOL hah so sweet. He's also getting baptized on his birthday so were going to have a pool party after. JK. I wish. Anyways our lessons with him are just great and the spirit is so strong. He is just solid and is going to make a really good missionary some day. so that is great to hear I love it.
Julian is going to be baptized this week so we are so pumped for him. 21st is going to be a great day. he said the testimony I wrote in the back of his Book of Mormon made him want to be a member and know he is going to make a great missionary. It is awesome to think that I brought him to the gospel and now when he serves a mission he is going to bring others. I love the domino effect in the gospel. I love Julian and I hope some day that he will baptize his younger sister. She's not yet interested in the church, she has been sitting in on the lesson and we have been teaching her. But she doesn't want to take that step yet. She will though some day. I'm not to worried.
Roomies?
My Roomate's are awesome. We bought a Nerf hoop for our apt and it is sweet. I dominate it. We only play at night though other wise it distracts from the work. I love my roomies though and there really fun. And they have a car so they drive us around.
Your District?
My District is doing AWESOME. We are having the best progress since I've been here. The sisters are baptizing like crazy. Carroll and I are killing it. Changing a 1 baptism a year area to a 10 baptisms a year area. It's pretty sweet. I love it, but the district is doing great and they are awesome I love them.
Your wards?
The wards are doing really good. The people here are way nice, but that's just MORMONS were all nice. Anyways I've been in this area for awhile so I know about everyone so that's good. The members are just awesome. The Lady that cuts our hair had a baby like 2 days ago. crazy stuff.

Love,
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment