Wednesday, September 5, 2012

July 9


 So this week was pretty sweet! We went to the temple on the 5th. I
 love the Temple so much. The spirit is so strong within those walls. I
 plan on going there a lot when I return home. It is my favorite place
 to go in the whole world. This last time I had a really cool exprience
 as I was praying in the celestial room. I love the scriptures so much.
 They answers my prayers. I read D&C 18 in the celestial room and a ton
 of the verses really rang true to me. I love the temple so much.

 Oh Corinna our recent convert made me a super cool Navajo belt. Like a
 tribe belt it is awesome. I wish I would have taken a picture with it
 on so I could show you. I'll send you my photo card with a picture of
 it on there. It is awesome. I plan on wearing to my homecoming talk
 and on the airplane. hahaha. I love my recent converts so much. I will
 do anything for them. I can't wait to see some of the people that I
 have helped enter the waters of baptism go to the Temple.

 Cool story so we were tracting the World(apt complex that has every
 race in it) We tracted into a Burmese lady and her family. She was
 super nice and invited us in. we shared a short message about how
 families can be together forever and then said a prayer with her. We
 told her we could get a copy of the Book of Mormon in Burmese and she
 got super happy. So we hope to get the copy soon so we can go back and
 give it to her. I love how the Gospel is world wide.

 We also got some new inv. this week! A member referral, she referred
 her Mom and sisiter who live in the same house. So we went over and
 met with them and shared a short message about Christ. The member
 Daughter said that the Dad wouldn't be very interested, she was wrong
 the father loved the message we shared and was excited to hear
 more. They also came to church last sunday. We have a lesson with them
 on tuesday, so we plan to set up a baptism date for July! I'm way
 excited for this family. The non member Daughter has the funniest
 little girl ever! She is 7 years old but acts like she is 12. It is so
 cute. So yeah we are working hard to find new people. 

  It is so Hot here! Check out the photo!

 So how's the cockroaches? Seen any or any other wildlife?
 We didnt have to mess wiht any this week! Thank goodness! haha

  Any baptism dates? Camille, Geegina, Bleys neighbors?
 We have Jessie and Georgeanna prepared for baptims in JUly. we hope
 set more though soon!

 How does this area compare to Prescott? More investigators? More Meals?
 There are a ton more people down here. The work is very different. we
 don't get as many member referrals down here. Most of the inv. we get
 are off our own efforts.

 Are you getting in shape riding your bike in 110 degrees? You better
 keep it up because Dad rides like 200 miles a week.
 Yeah iT is super Hot down here! I dont know why people live here.
 Today it is 113 and the smae tomorrow. It is crazy!

 So Jeff Grigg went to Provo last week and loved it and now is
 definitely going there after his mission, so maybe you can be
 roommates for a couple of years.
 It's going to be 4 years total until you see him again. So weird!
 I'll prob be married by the time Jeff comes home hahah If not we will
 def. room together!

 I LOVE you a ton and thank you so much for everything! You are the BEst!
 Love,
 Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment