Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Past two letters...Happy Thanksgiving!

Before Thanksgiving:
How was your week?
This week has been a little stressful and hard. But the blessing are great. We had transfers this week on tuesday so that was fun I got to see all my  buddies from the Mtc and around the mission. I love my zone and the Missionaries in it. We got a new elder in the Apt. He's a little bit of a liar but Im starting to warm up to him. He kinda reminded me of my myself. He doesn't really Know why he is out here and that was one of the questions that went through my head the first week. I gave him some advise and now he's doing well. I'm out here cause the Lord has commanded us to and I love to do missionary work. My testimony has strengthened so much since the first day at the MTC and being out in the field. I love to see the changes in my Investigators lives. We have another solid Investigator Richard. He ran into us as we were riding bikes and now he wants his girlfriend and him to take the lessons and come to church I can't wait to meet up with them. This week has been Awesome with some stress cause of the baptisms. 


How were the Baptisms on Saturday? do you have photos?
The baptism were so awesome. The first one Brother Heeters was the most Spiritual baptism I have ever been to and took part in. The spirit was so strong. Brother Heeter is a Guy that doesn't show any emotion and to see him crying with his wife made me so happy that I helped him get to that point. I love that family so much. Elder Beard and I gave the Missionary Presentation and the spirit was so strong during the first Vision we both started to cry and a lot of people started to cry too. That baptism was awesome and that is why I am out here to Bring people closer to Christ.
Brother Warners was a lot different then Heeters. At Heeters there was like 90 people and brother Warner had about 11 people, but the spirit was still really strong. He was a former cop and has 2 younger sons and HE is such a good guy. Im so proud of him.
Yes I have pictures I'll send you them soon.




How's progress with the Mexican Lady? What's her name?
She's going good we are still trying to get her a ride to church and we'll prob drop by her house tomorrow. Her name is Salidia.




Funniest moment?
So Brother Heeter is like 450 pounds and the guy that was baptizing him wasn't very big. So during the baptism dunk the guy dropped him in the water, that was pretty funny.


Have you ate any other interesting foods?
Nope just romen and freezer food hahah. But were going to that Mexican home on Thanksgiving so that should be fun.

After Thanksgiving:
How are you?
I'm doing really well, this week was a little slow. Not much work happened because of the holiday.


Did you survive the Thanksgiving feast?
Yeah we ended up not going to the spanish home. So we just had a traditional Thanksgiving with some members. It was way good I love the Browns. We played a lot of B-ball and games which was really fun. Oh i also took a 2 hr nap and that never happens.


Is it cooling down there?
Yeah its pretty cold here Like 56 right now. We have to wear Jackets now. But its not bad.
How was your week?
Pretty slow. Probably the best thing that happened this week was the random members giving us money I love it. This week has been really slow and we did a lot of walking cause we're low on miles with the car and elder Beards bike broke. We met a crazy lady that said she can see into the future so that was pretty interesting and now she's a potential Investigator. Slow week.


Any baptisms scheduled soon?
Nope hopefully Robert and Mike will be baptized soon


How's Brother Heeter doing?
He's doing great. We still visit him every once in a while but he's moving soon so were helping them pack.


Any progress with the mexican lady?
Its really hard to get her to church cause our church starts at 8 and she doesn't want to wake up that early. So im pretty bummed about that.
So what was the funniest event? Well we do a lot of biking and Elder Beard and I were going off some jumps and I got like 4 ft of air and Elder beard totally ate it right on his face, so that was really funny.
Spiritual event? Probably giving a blessing to Brother Stout in church yesterday. 




Happiest? Beard getting his bike on Saturday and biking all day.
Oh and we also got to ride in a sand rail on thanksgiving that was really fun.
Best and worst food?
We had some really good turkey hahah nothing really bad other then the freezer food i eat everyday. Greasy mess.


What your fav moment of the week?
Probably talking to that crazy lady about the future and meteors coming to Surprise, AZ  hahah it was really funny


Anything else interesting you want to share?
This week was really hard and tiring. I also gave a talk in Sacrament about honesty that went really well. The spirit was so strong during my talk.

I love you and I'm so thankful for everything Mom and Dad.


Elder Trent Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment