Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July 11, 2011


So I wanted to ask you some advise...Dad and I are Ma and Pa's for our Trek and I was wondering if you had some ideas for one of my devotionals...it's on trials and hardships and how to get through them. Any thoughts or scriptures? Thanks
Well something I've learned that Its only through the Atonement that we are able be cleaned and to feel the happiness that Our heavenly father has in store for us. When I go through trials on the mission I just get down on my knees and pray till I am happier and I just work harder cause it's through Service that we will find our selves (Matt 16:25) that's one of my favorites. And another one alma 26:27 is also really good. and One of my favorite quotes" God never told us it would be easy he only said it would be worth" So yeah I hope I helped you out in some way.
How were your firework shows? Did you get to go to a bbq?
Oh the forth of July was so much funnnnn. We went to the Prongers and had a BBq It was really good. Then we went on a hike to some Indian art stuff. And I took some pictures. we also caught a snake which was way sweet and It bit me on the finger, but it was only a little garden snake no bigee. So after our hike we went back to the house and they live up in the mountains and in the middle of know where. So we had a water balloon launcher and we made a target to hit. It was really fun. They are an awesome family. There court date got pushed 30 days, so that was not fun news. But they cont. to push through and keep there faith in Christ. Then that night we had to be in by 6 so we hung out with some other missionaries. then we went up on our roof and watched the firework show, it was awesome and it made me think of home and other stuff. But I know I'm where I'm suppose to be:)
How's your investigators?
Korik and Penny.
Penny is doing awesome she reads everything. She read all the D&C and pearl of great price already and she just passed her interview yesterday, so she is on for the 23rd of July. We are so excited for her and the huge change that she has made in her life. There are 2 ways to find the most happiness in life and that is going to the temple and helping someone to get on the path to the temple. I love it. We had a really spiritual lesson with Penny and President Morris he is in the Presidency of the mission. I love him. He taught us why some people pray with there hands together with there fingers pointing up. Its a really cool story. We were like all crying and so happy at the same time. Good stuff.
Korik is doing really well. Were going to have to move is date to August though cause he has a lot of questions and he wants to really understand the gospel before he joins, but he is awesome and we cont. to meet with him 2 times a week. Were just taking it a little slower now.
WE have gotten a couple new investigators but there not yet Progressing.

Are you working on any re-actives?
Yes we had a really cool lesson with this alcoholic Randy. We came over one time when he was a little drunk and taught him the Importance of following Christ and I shared 1 Nephi 3:7 with him and right when I finished that Scripture he got up and poured all his Rum down the drain and said that he was going to follow Christ and get on the path that God has for him. It was really exciting and awesome. I love that guy.
Is your zone working harder and being obedient?
Our Zone is doing really good. Everyone at this moment has a Baptism date so that is super good. I'm starting to get a lot more comfortable being a ZL, but it is still pretty stressful at some points. Like sometimes I just wish I was smarter and knew the doctrine more. But that's life so I guess I'll just cont. to work hard. Oh we also got to do some Ward council training. So I got to teach all the leadership in some of the wards on how to be better member missionaries. It was pretty neat. I could only imagine Dad seating down and listening to some missionaries talk to him and give him help hah so it was fun. I love working in the Stake Councils cause I get to know what actually goes on in the leadership of the church. Its pretty fun.
How do you like your new Pres and his wife? Have you seen them a lot?
I have not yet met them cause we are up in Prescott which is a 1 1/2 hr drive. But we get to meet him tomorrow at interviews.
Are you going to baptize Sam and Hope?
YESSSS on the 13th of JULY I'm so pumped and excited for them. I seriously can't wait to see them and baptize them.

How far are you from Peoria?
Its like a 2 hr drive down to the heat. The weather here is so nice. It reminds me of Home.
Where are the photos? I want to see your new digs, comp, area, etc
Sorry they are coming soon haha.
Thank you some much for everything I love you so much !

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment